Monday, February 24, 2014

The Immortal's Wife



              "The Immortal's Wife is a patient one. She sets her eyes upon the horizon waiting for his return, as her husband marches in a company of ten thousand."






             Honestly, I could say that This set is based on the story of the Persian Immortals, legendary for their unwavering numbers that always seemed to be at Ten Thousand men, but to be truthful design has always come first to me, and the story second.
             I decided to call this particular outfit the Immortal's wife due to the black harem skirt I used beneath the cloak, the scale maille (Which the Persians were notorious for being one of the firsts to wear it.), and the huge blinged out ring. All of these pieces were designed out of the idea that I could make a cloak with the similar silhouette of the deeply cut muscle tanks that I wear basically ALL the time in summer. I use this silhouette a lot, and I've even come to use it as the base of my upcoming Ready To Wear line.
            This set took way longer than it should have, due to having to change my previous supplier for my scales, most of the time was just waiting for the ones from my new supplier to arrive. Eventually when the outfit was finished, we loaded up in the car to go find a location the same day of shooting. We ended up taking these shots in a nearby national forest that was freeeeezing cold, and got awkwardly stared at for all the side boob that was going on.
              Although we had a few mishaps, like the fact that we forgot to use our cool prop I bought just for this shoot, and that for the first thirty minutes of the shoot I forgot to wear the ring, I think it turned out pretty good! You can see the full feature here on Armored Girl's facebook page. ;]

                                                                       Cloak: X
                                            Vest: X
                                                                        Ring: X



          Announcements:

                  - Oh hey! The Donation Station is now up and running, so feel free to hop over to the "Get Involved" page here on the Blog to find out how you can help with the upcoming Zodiac Project. Applications are available there as well for those who would like a more "hands on" approach to helping out.
                  - To Celebrate this set, with any Armored Girl Etsy purchase, type "The Immortal's Wife" in the note to sellers box for a free knotted black headband!              




2 comments:

  1. The chain maille is just so gorgeous and so is the way the dress flows. I would love to try out making some chain maille too in the future^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Creating maille is such relaxing and rewarding work, I definitely recommend it!

      Delete